Find a roofer in Windsor, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Windsor, WI
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Windsor, WI. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.