Find a roofer in Waupaca, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Waupaca, WI. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Waupaca, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Waupaca, WI. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.