Find a roofer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Wisconsin // Waukesha
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to fix a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the regular price per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Waukesha, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Waukesha, WI. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.