Find a roofer in Turtle Lake, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Turtle Lake, Wisconsin. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Turtle Lake, Wisconsin
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Turtle Lake, Wisconsin, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.