Find a roofer in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Sun Prairie, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Sun Prairie, WI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.