Find a roofer in Sturtevant, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Wisconsin // Sturtevant
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What season is good for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
How much do most roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Sturtevant, WI. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Sturtevant, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Sturtevant, WI. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.