Find a roofer in Stratford, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stratford, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Stratford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Stratford, Wisconsin
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Stratford, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Stratford, Wisconsin. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.