Find a roofer in Stoughton, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the proper time to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What season is ideal for a roof job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Stoughton, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Stoughton, Wisconsin. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Stoughton, Wisconsin. Find the right contractor for your property right away.