Find a roofer in Stockholm, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofers typically charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What kind of prices are related to fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the regular rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Stockholm, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Stockholm, WI. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.