Find a roofer in Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stevens Point, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Stevens Point
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Stevens Point, Wisconsin
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.