Find a roofer in Star Prairie, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Star Prairie, WI
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Star Prairie, WI. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.