Find a roofer in Spring Green, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How do roofing experts normally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the common cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Spring Green, WI. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Spring Green, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Spring Green, WI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.