Find a roofer in Spring Green, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Spring Green, WI. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Spring Green, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Spring Green, WI. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.