Find a roofer in Spooner, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Spooner, Wisconsin. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Spooner, Wisconsin
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Spooner, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Spooner, Wisconsin. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.