Find a roofer in South Range, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in South Range, WI. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in South Range, WI
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in South Range, WI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.