Find a roofer in Sister Bay, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sister Bay, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Sister Bay
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Sister Bay, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Sister Bay, WI. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.