Find a roofer in Shawano, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Shawano, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Shawano, Wisconsin. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Shawano, Wisconsin. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.