Find a roofer in Saint Cloud, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Saint Cloud, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Saint Cloud, WI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Saint Cloud, WI. Find the right contractor for your home today.