Find a roofer in Redgranite, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Redgranite, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Redgranite, Wisconsin. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.