Find a roofer in Powers Lake, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Powers Lake, WI. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Powers Lake, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Powers Lake
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Powers Lake, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Powers Lake, WI. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.