Find a roofer in Portage, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to get roofing contractors come out?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal rate per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Portage, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Portage, WI. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.