Find a roofer in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Pleasant Prairie, WI. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Pleasant Prairie, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Pleasant Prairie
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Pleasant Prairie, WI
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Pleasant Prairie, WI, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.