Find a roofer in Pine River, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time required for building a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Pine River, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Pine River, Wisconsin. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.