Find a roofer in Pine River, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Pine River, Wisconsin. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Pine River, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Pine River, Wisconsin. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.