Find a roofer in Packwaukee, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Packwaukee, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Packwaukee, WI. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.