Find a roofer in Oostburg, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Oostburg, Wisconsin
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Oostburg, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.