Find a roofer in Oneida, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Oneida, Wisconsin
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oneida, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oneida, Wisconsin. Find the right contractor for your home now.