Find a roofer in Oconto, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is a roof inspection necessary?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What are the typical costs related to repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What season is best for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a roofer.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Oconto, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Oconto, Wisconsin. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.