Find a roofer in Oakfield, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Oakfield, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Oakfield, WI. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oakfield, WI. Find the right contractor for your home today.