Find a roofer in Norwalk, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Norwalk, Wisconsin. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
When should a roof inspection be done?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers normally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Norwalk, Wisconsin
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Norwalk, Wisconsin. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.