Find a roofer in Newburg, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Newburg, WI
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newburg, WI. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.