Find a roofer in Mount Calvary, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Mount Calvary, WI
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Mount Calvary, WI. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.