Find a roofer in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Wisconsin // Milwaukee
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which point should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate rate for fixing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When during the year is good for roofing services?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.