Find a roofer in Milton, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Milton, WI
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Milton, WI. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Milton, WI. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.