Find a roofer in Menasha, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Menasha, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Menasha, Wisconsin. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.