Find a roofer in Mayville, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Mayville, WI. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Mayville, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Mayville, WI. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.