Find a roofer in Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Luxemburg, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Luxemburg, WI. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.