Find a roofer in Long Lake, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Long Lake, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Long Lake
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Long Lake, WI
When you need roofing maintenance services in Long Lake, WI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.