Find a roofer in La Crosse, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near La Crosse, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // La Crosse
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near La Crosse, WI
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in La Crosse, WI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.