Find a roofer in Kenosha, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kenosha, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Kenosha
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Kenosha, WI
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Kenosha, WI. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Kenosha, WI. Find the right contractor for your home today.