Find a roofer in Kansasville, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kansasville, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Kansasville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Kansasville, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Kansasville, Wisconsin. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Kansasville, Wisconsin. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.