Find a roofer in Jackson, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Jackson, Wisconsin
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Jackson, Wisconsin, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.