Find a roofer in Hubertus, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Hubertus, WI
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Hubertus, WI, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.