Find a roofer in Horicon, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Horicon, WI
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Horicon, WI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.