Find a roofer in Hollandale, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I schedule to have roofing services performed?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
At what moment should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Hollandale, Wisconsin
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Hollandale, Wisconsin. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.