Find a roofer in Holcombe, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Holcombe, Wisconsin. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Holcombe, Wisconsin
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Holcombe, Wisconsin. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Holcombe, Wisconsin. Get the roofing services you need for your home now.