Find a roofer in Hilbert, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Hilbert, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Hilbert, WI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.