Find a roofer in Hartland, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hartland, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Hartland
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Hartland, Wisconsin
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Hartland, Wisconsin. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.