Find a roofer in Hales Corners, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hales Corners, WisconsinHome // Wisconsin // Hales Corners
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Hales Corners, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Hales Corners, WI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.