Find a roofer in Germantown, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Germantown, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Germantown, WI. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.